• Neo-liberal economics and a deregulated labour market - Men will always do better than women under these conditions
• Social and moral conservatism - Women are homemakers - Men are breadwinners
• This is not our world or our labour market
• These philosophical currents operating separately, together or at cross-purpose deepen inequality - especially for women
"We need a new gender politic to move forward."
IR changes worst for women
• More women will be low paid - Women already over represented in low paid sector in Australia - 18 per cent women, 12 per cent of men - Glimpse into our future