Sat, 29 July|
Sydney Town Hall, Lower Town Hall 2
Inequality & the end of corporate tax
Evatt at ALP Fringe
Time & Location
29 July 2017, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Sydney Town Hall, Lower Town Hall 2, 483 George St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
About the Event
Around the world there is a race to the bottom in corporate tax, with the US and UK underbidding each other to 15 per cent and below.
Meanwhile tax write-offs mean corporations often pay even less -- as we have seen in Australia with the plummeting revenue from our natural gas resources through the PRRT.
Come and hear key thinkers and activists in the labour movement and beyond ask:
- Where will the international race to the bottom in corporate taxation end?
- Who bears the costs?
- Is there really no alternative?
- How do we choose a different path?
- Jason Ward, spokesperson for the Tax Justice Network Australia, and researcher at the International Transport Workers' Federation
- Natalie O'Brien, Economic Fairness Campaigns Director at GetUp!
- John Graham MLC, Vice President, Evatt Foundation
The forum with be chaired by Michael Vaughan, Executive member, Evatt Foundation.